AmeriCorps service opportunities offer practical, real life experiences for individuals looking to engage in public service while meeting the critical needs of the Red Cross. Team members will participate in disaster response and preparedness activities, community disaster education and volunteer recruitment. Members will receive a living allowance, health care coverage, free training and the Segal Education award (upon completion of the service year).
Youth Community Preparedness Member
AmeriCorps members will be housed at ARC sites in the following counties: Alan (Lima), Athens, Fairfield (Lancaster), Franklin (Columbus), Hamilton (Cincinnati) Hancock (Findlay), Licking (Newark), Lucas (Toledo), Marion, Muskingum (Zanesville), Ross (Chillicothe)
* With a primary focus on Community Preparedness Education (CPE), Member will conduct CDE outreach presentations with paid staff and volunteers, as well as seek further opportunities to do so. This may include curriculum development and implementation, staff/volunteer training, facilitating presentations, and reporting the number of participants (75-80%)
* AmeriCorps member will assist with volunteer recruitment, management and retention within their county. This will include recruitment activity (attend fairs, speak to local community groups about volunteering) and volunteer engagement in regular service with the organization including community preparedness education (CPE). Members will also ensure volunteer files/paperwork is up to date and complete. (10%)
* Member will be trained for available participation with national deployment opportunities (10%)
* Member will participate in canvassing events addressing neighborhoods affected by fire/fatalities (5-10%)
Additionally members are expected to:
* Participate in initial Prepare Central Ohio AmeriCorps orientation
* Participate in Monthly Central Ohio AmeriCorps Meetings (in Columbus)
* Complete monthly reports and spreadsheets detailing their activities
**The stipend is $12,500 and is paid on a bi-weekly basis.**
Interested applications should visit the Cincinnati Area Chapter Facebook page to access the application. Please submit your completed application to Karl Williams at email@example.com by August 18.